Book Now! Call 240-406-5496
As a leader in the Veterinary Hospitality field, we specialize in the Medical Dog Boarding and Medical Cat Boarding regardless of their age, condition, breed, or temperament. When you arrive at our Rockville resort, you can have the peace of mind knowing that your pet will immediately be under the direct supervision of our veterinary team. Be assured that should any health issue arise during their stay, the veterinary staff at Dr. Boyd’s will address it immediately and keep you well informed while you’re away. All dogs are invited to participate in our dog daycare, once they have been evaluated and placed in an appropriate social group. Cats can also take advantage of the cat treehouse to stretch their legs, climb, scratch, perch and just be cats.
Our doors are regularly open from 5AM to 11PM everyday of the week. If you need to pick up or drop off between 11PM and 5AM, it’s no problem! Simply call us to schedule your pick up or drop off by appointment, at no additional charge, and one of our night attendants will meet you at the door.
VETERINARY SUPERVISED CAT BOARDING RATES
Any Cat, Any Size - $39
Happy Hour Care - $10.00/additional hour
(Available for those who would like to check out their cat past their
personal 24 hour clock check in time. No “late fees”, no worries!)
Extended Nursing Recovery Care - $20 per night in addition to boarding
Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort provides recovery care for pets needing
special medical attention; we are available to give 24-hour care.
SECOND PET DISCOUNT
Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort is excited to offer a 10% discount for “additional” dogs and/or “additional” cats boarding overnight. Your first pet will stay overnight for our regular rate, but your second pet will stay at the discounted rate.
Overnight Stay, Additional Dog - $62.10
Overnight Stay, Additional Cat - $35.10
Our feline guests stay in Dr. Boyd’s Tree House complete with private rooms, climbing structures,
natural lighting and soothing sounds. This is a great opportunity for your cats to stretch their paws,
climb, relax and have some fun. If you have a 2nd family cat, they will enjoy a 10% discount off boarding!
Here at Dr. Boyd’s your cats’ health, safety, comfort, and happiness is our #1 priority. To ensure that your cat receives the best care we can provide, please take the time to read the following so that together we can make your cats’ visit a positive experience.
– For the safety and comfort of your cat, please refrain from bringing oversized bedding containing fillers such as foam, Styrofoam, batting and other synthetic materials. Please keep in mind the larger the bedding, the less space you are providing your cat in its boarding area. Please feel free to provide blankets or flat fleece mats that will provide comfort, are easy to launder and provide more personal space for your cats’ sleeping area. We are happy to provide our bedding for your cats’ visit free of charge if needed 🙂
If your cat requires medication or prescription food for its visit:
- Ensure that you have included enough medicine and prescription food for the entire length of your cat’s stay
- All medication in the original bottles with clear instructions
- Do not put in pre-portioned meals unless it is a powder, such as a probiotic or digestive enzyme
We cannot legally dispense medication prescribed by an outside veterinarian, nor do we carry an assortment of prescription diets for sale. We strongly encourage clients to provide us with pre-portioned amounts of food to ensure your cat receives the correct amount for each feeding.
– Please limit the amount of personal property you provide for your cat to 3 items. This does not include food, treats or medication. We suggest you bring your cats’ favorite blanket, toy and 1 item that contains your scent ( like a worn T-shirt). These type of items will provide your cat with some of the comforts of home and help reduce any stress or anxiety they may feel. For the health and safety of your cats, we provide stainless steel water and food bowls, so it is not necessary to bring your own.
- $5/per day for treatment and/or own food
All of us here at Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your cat.
ACTIVE MILITARY DISCOUNT
Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort is proud to support our military! We offer all active military a 10% discount on all of our services. Please give us a call if you have any questions and we look forward to caring for your pet!
Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort Referral Program
At Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort, we feel that it’s important that you get recognized for sharing us with your friends, neighbors, and family members.
That’s why we have created a Client Referral Program that pays it forward!
Just refer Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort to a friend, have that friend mention your name, and whatever service they end up signing up for (veterinary, daycare, boarding, grooming, or training), YOU GET THAT SERVICE FOR ONE DAY, FREE!
Your friend signs their dog up for daycare…You get one day of daycare for your pet FREE!
Your friend has an exam with the veterinarian…You get a veterinary exam for your pet FREE!
Your friend has their pet groomed…You get a grooming for your pet FREE!
Hurry and start telling all of your friends and family! Dr. Boyd’s, your pet and your wallet will thank you!