Book Now! Call 240-406-5496
As a leader in the Veterinary Hospitality field, we specialize in the Medical Dog Boarding and Medical Cat Boarding regardless of their age, condition, breed, or temperament. When you arrive at our Rockville resort, you can have the peace of mind knowing that your pet will immediately be under the direct supervision of our veterinary team. Be assured that should any health issue arise during their stay, the veterinary staff at Dr. Boyd’s will address it immediately and keep you well informed while you’re away. All boarding dogs are invited to participate in our dog daycare, once they have been evaluated and placed in an appropriate social group. Cats can also take advantage of the cat treehouse to stretch their legs, climb, scratch, perch and just be cats.
Our doors are regularly open from 5AM to 11PM everyday of the week. If you need to pick up or drop off between 11PM and 5AM, it’s no problem! Simply call us to schedule your pick up or drop off by appointment, at no additional charge, and one of our night attendants will meet you at the door.
Here's What's Included
Private Bedroom – Your dog has their own private bedroom that is used for sleeping at night, and meal time. We provide the comfy bedding, but please feel free to bring any of your dog’s comforts from home (a blanket or their dog bed).
Mouth Watering Meals – We will feed your dog wholesome, mouth-watering meals, or better yet, we will feed them their own food, to keep them on a diet they are used to. We will never charge you for feeding your dog, whether it’s your food or ours. Please let us know if you would like your dog to eat lunches as well. (Dogs expend much more energy at Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort than they normally do; we encourage extra helpings of food during breakfast and dinner, if you don’t want them to lose any weight!)
Supplements/Medications/Special Diets/Special Attention - At Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort we realize each pet has special needs, whether it is diet, medications, an extra walk, or just some added playtime or love. We feel compassionately compelled to give you any or all of these services, at no additional charge. These services are part of our standard care for each and every guest. Love is free at Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort!
All Day Play – Each dog wakes up in their private bedroom at 6AM and is promptly served the breakfast of your choice. All day play follows, where dogs will enjoy the fresh air in our oasis, which features various climbing play structures, pools, and plenty of space to run, chase, climb, splash, and nap! We bring each dog to their private bedroom when we serve dinner between 6-7PM, and then bring them back out for more play before bedtime. At 9PM all dogs return to their private bedroom for some much needed rest. Our 24-hour staff checks on the dogs throughout the night and attends to any restless dogs, and our doctors are on call 24/7.
VETERINARY SUPERVISED DOG BOARDING RATES
Any Dog, Any Size - $69 $59
Happy Hour Care - $10.00/additional hour
(Available for those who would like to check out their dog past their
personal 24 hour clock check in time. No “late fees”, no worries!)
Extended Nursing Recovery Care - $20 per night in addition to boarding
Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort provides recovery care for pets needing
special medical attention; we are available to give 24-hour care.
SECOND PET DISCOUNT
Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort is excited to offer a 10% discount for “additional” dogs and/or “additional” cats boarding overnight. Your first pet will stay overnight for our regular rate, but your second pet will stay at the discounted rate.
Overnight Stay, Additional Dog - $53.10
Here at Dr. Boyd’s your dogs’ health, safety, comfort, and happiness is our #1 priority. To ensure that your dog receives the best care we can provide, please take the time to read the following so that together we can make your dogs’ visit a positive experience.
- For boarding, and to participate in daycare (which is included with boarding at no additional cost), dogs are required to have current vaccinations for Rabies, DHPP, Bordetella and Canine Influenza; as well as a current fecal test (ova & parasite plus hookworm, whipworm, roundworm and Giardia ELISA) within the previous 6 months.
– For the safety and comfort of your dog, please refrain from bringing oversized bedding containing fillers such as foam, Styrofoam, batting and other synthetic materials. Please keep in mind the larger the bedding, the less space you are providing your dog in its boarding area. Please feel free to provide blankets or flat fleece mats that will provide comfort, are easy to launder and provide more personal space for your dogs’ sleeping area. We are happy to provide our bedding for your dogs visit free of charge if needed.
If your dog requires medication or prescription food for its visit:
- Ensure that you have included enough medicine and prescription food for the entire length of your dogs stay
- All medication in the original bottles with clear instructions
- Do not put in pre-portioned meals unless it is a powder, such as a probiotic or digestive enzyme
We cannot legally dispense medication prescribed by an outside veterinarian, nor do we carry an assortment of prescription diets for sale. We strongly encourage clients to provide us with pre-portioned amounts of food to ensure your dog receives the correct amount for each feeding.
– Please limit the amount of personal property you provide for your dog to 3 items. This does not include food, treats or medication. We suggest you bring your dogs’ favorite blanket, toy and 1 item that contains your scent ( like a worn T-shirt). These type of items will provide your dog with some of the comforts of home and help reduce any stress or anxiety they may feel. For the health and safety of your dogs, we provide stainless steel water and food bowls, so it is not necessary to bring your own.
All of us here at Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your dog.
PLAY TIME CYCLE
Our play yards provide ample space for dogs to socialize and play for up to 12 hours a day, whether they are here for daycare or boarding. Each yard hosts a play group of socially compatible dogs who have been evaluated on the basis of age, size and temperament.
For dogs that require special attention for any reason, we offer the Playtime Cycle. Dr. Boyd’s facilities provide additional yards for the staff to customize play, whether for one-on-one play time with our handlers or for specialized, small play groups. Every dog who is a part of our Playtime Cycle is offered a unique experience that allows for mental and physical stimulation, with periodic breaks to rest and recover.
In all of the play yards, our staff provide direct supervision at all times. The social interaction and exercise will find your dog tired and fulfilled at the end of every day!
ACTIVE MILITARY DISCOUNT
Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort is proud to support our military! We offer all active military a 10% discount on all of our services. Please give us a call if you have any questions and we look forward to caring for your pet!
Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort Referral Program
At Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort, we feel that it’s important that you get recognized for sharing us with your friends, neighbors, and family members.
That’s why we have created a Client Referral Program that pays it forward!
Just refer Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort to a friend, have that friend mention your name, and whatever service they end up signing up for (veterinary, daycare, boarding, grooming, or training), YOU GET THAT SERVICE FOR ONE DAY, FREE!
Your friend signs their dog up for daycare…You get one day of daycare for your pet FREE!
Your friend has an exam with the veterinarian…You get a veterinary exam for your pet FREE!
Your friend has their pet groomed…You get a grooming for your pet FREE!
Hurry and start telling all of your friends and family! Dr. Boyd’s, your pet and your wallet will thank you!