Advance Reservation RequiredPlease call the Rockville Concierge
Dogs can play and exercise for up to 12 hours daily in our play yards, whether they are here for daycare or boarding. To place dogs in the most appropriate social groups, all guests are evaluated on the basis of age, size and temperament. Not all dogs will be comfortable in large play groups. Some will do best in small play groups, and some will enjoy solo play time with our staff. The play yards are directly supervised at all times, and you can watch them, as well, via webcams on our website. The social interaction, brain stimulation, and exercise will find your dog tired and fulfilled! They will be ready for a good night’s sleep, whether they go home with you or stay at Dr. Boyd’s for the night!
DAY RATES & PACKAGES
Single day rate starting at 7AM – 7PM – $45 per day
Single partial day daycare up to 4 hours – $32
Temperament testing and professional evaluations are provided to all new guests at no charge.)
Daycare prices can be “bought down” by buying a package!
10 day package – $385 – just $38.50 per day!
20 day package, and unused days can be rolled over to the next month! – $675 (That’s only $33.75 per day)
Monthly Unlimited (includes Boarding for only $46/night) – $765 (That’s only $25.50 per day)
(Can be used for 30 days from the date of purchase)
Lunch Feeding – $5
Here at Dr. Boyd’s your dogs’ health, safety, comfort, and happiness is our #1 priority. To ensure that your dog receives the best care we can provide, please take the time to read the following so that together we can make your dogs’ visit a positive experience.
– For boarding, and to participate in daycare (which is included with boarding at no additional cost), dogs are required to have current vaccinations for Rabies, DHPP, Bordetella and Canine Influenza; as well as a current fecal test (ova & parasite plus hookworm, whipworm, roundworm and Giardia ELISA) within the previous 6 months.
– For the safety and comfort of your dog, please refrain from bringing oversized bedding containing fillers such as foam, Styrofoam, batting and other synthetic materials. Please keep in mind the larger the bedding, the less space you are providing your dog in its boarding area. Please feel free to provide blankets or flat fleece mats that will provide comfort, are easy to launder and provide more personal space for your dogs’ sleeping area. We are happy to provide our bedding for your dogs visit free of charge if needed.
If your dog requires medication or prescription food for its visit:
– Ensure that you have included enough medicine and prescription food for the entire length of your dogs stay
– All medication in the original bottles with clear instructions
– Do not put in pre-portioned meals unless it is a powder, such as a probiotic or digestive enzyme
We cannot legally dispense medication prescribed by an outside veterinarian, nor do we carry an assortment of prescription diets for sale. We strongly encourage clients to provide us with pre-portioned amounts of food to ensure your dog receives the correct amount for each feeding.
– Please limit the amount of personal property you provide for your dog to 3 items. This does not include food, treats or medication. We suggest you bring your dogs’ favorite blanket, toy and 1 item that contains your scent ( like a worn T-shirt). These type of items will provide your dog with some of the comforts of home and help reduce any stress or anxiety they may feel. For the health and safety of your dogs, we provide stainless steel water and food bowls, so it is not necessary to bring your own.
All of us here at Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your dog.
DR. BOYD’S IS A FLEA FREE ZONE
We pride ourselves on maintaining a clean, happy and healthy environment for your dog or cat.
If we find fleas on your pet while here at Dr. Boyd’s, a dose of “Capstar”, which quickly eliminates all fleas within 5 minutes and continues working for up to 24 hours, will be given immediately.
Safecare – Additional boarding charge of $30.00 per day
For those boarding guests arriving at Dr. Boyd’s who decline to meet our vaccination and/or fecal examination requirements, or who have a potentially communicable disease, we will provide Safecare. Dogs admitted into Safecare will have their own unique day-in-the-life experience at Dr. Boyd’s with individual walks in Playtime Cycle.
PLAY TIME CYCLE
Our play yards provide ample space for dogs to socialize and play for up to 12 hours a day, whether they are here for daycare or boarding. Each yard hosts a play group of socially compatible dogs who have been evaluated on the basis of age, size and temperament.
For dogs that require special attention for any reason, we offer the Playtime Cycle. Dr. Boyd’s facilities provide additional yards for the staff to customize play, whether for one-on-one play time with our handlers or for specialized, small play groups. Every dog who is a part of our Playtime Cycle is offered a unique experience that allows for mental and physical stimulation, with periodic breaks to rest and recover.
In all of the play yards, our staff provide direct supervision at all times. The social interaction and exercise will find your dog tired and fulfilled at the end of every day!
ACTIVE MILITARY DISCOUNT
Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort is proud to support our military! We offer all active military a 10% discount on all of our services. Please give us a call if you have any questions and we look forward to caring for your pet!
Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort Referral Program
At Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort, we feel that it’s important that you get recognized for referring us to your friends, neighbors, and family members.
That’s why we have created a Client Referral Program that pays it forward!
Just refer Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort to someone who has not been to Dr. Boyd’s Veterinary Resort before, and when that friend comes in and mentions your name, you will receive a $25 credit to use for whatever service Dr. Boyd’s offers!
Hurry and start telling all of your friends and family! Dr. Boyd’s, your pet and your wallet will thank you!
Holidays at Dr. Boyd’s:
At Dr. Boyd’s, we fill up for the holidays well in advance! And because we have a limited number of bedrooms and limited space in our daycare yards, all reservations must be paid in full at time of booking. Don’t worry, we understand that plans change and in that case, we will credit your Dr. Boyd’s account for the deposit you made. This credit can be used towards any service we offer, with no expiration date. However, if your plans change less than 1 week before your pet’s reservation, your deposit becomes non-refundable, as we close down reservations well in advance of most holidays.
During some of these holidays, we will limit our Daycare participants to Unlimited Package Holders only. This is a huge benefit to those clients who purchase these packages during holiday periods. Safety is our number 1 priority, and during these times we must limit the number of dogs we accept.
Holidays include the following days and surrounding days: New Year’s week, President’s Day weekend, Spring Break (which includes the last week of March & first week of April), Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving Week, 2nd half of December. **This is not an exhaustive list and Dr. Boyd’s can include more holidays and/or dates as we deem necessary.